As discussed at the AGM last July, we are holding an EGM to propose a new set of league rules (clarification/updates/changes). This is to be held at Southampton University on Monday, 4thApril, starting at 7:30pm. The meeting will be held in Meeting Room 3 in Building 42, which is where the squash courts are. Parking is free after 5pm and you are advised to use the car park behind buildings 31, 41 and 18.
The agenda is attached, together with the proposed new rules and a map of Soton University campus. Whilst the proposed rules mainly consolidate the present position, for ease of reference, details of the main changes proposed are as follows:
League Rules – Brief Details of Changes Proposed
Generally, this is just a consolidation/clarification of existing rules/practice. However, there are some proposed changes and your attention is drawn to the key areas below:
- Participating Clubs to be represented at the AGM (formerly a £10 fine)
- No more than two teams from one club to play in any one division
- Where a club has two teams in the same division, a player may not play for both of them in any one month
- Dates which may be ruled out by clubs are restricted to 25%
- Where results are posted late on to LMS, one point will be deducted from the home team’s score for every day by which the result is late
- Consolidation of the principle that match conflicts should be identified early; where any match is to be rescheduled, the date must be agreed before the date on which the match was originally due to be played.
For HSRA Committee