I send this as an update as to where we are now. You will have seen the most recent England Squash rules regarding how we can return to court in Tier 2.
1) Clubs that are open (that we know of, there may be more!)
Winchester rackets and fitness
Lee on the Solent
2) County closed - This is obviously not possible at present with restrictions in place. The committee are looking at running an alternative format to try to capture the kids competitive spirit
3) Regional closed - Likely that this will be cancelled completely for this year.
4) Hampshire junior leagues - remain suspended until restrictions are relaxed - We will keep you posted!
5) Bubbles: Many juniors will not know how to make contact with people for bubbles. If you cannot find any juniors to play please make contact with your club first. If they cannot link you up, please let us know so we can try to find players
6) Committee - the adult and junior committees are looking for additional volunteers - please let us know if you can help!
7) Website - Please see the new junior website which has been facelifted (many thanks to Scott Griffiths for all his work on this) and has new content. We have a new vision for squash in the county:
"To give every child in Hampshire the opportunity to play squash and go on to fulfill their potential in the sport"
8) Sponsors - Hampshire Junior squash are looking for more corporate/private sponsorship to help to fund growth and development of the program. The Junior program costs £3000-5000 to run per year. If you are interested in working with Hampshire squash please get in touch
9) If you have a story about squash over the COVID period or how you have been able to continue training/staying court fit, please send it to us so we can share with the wider community/press