1) We await guidance from England Squash as to when we can return to courts. We will post these as soon as available on social media so look out!
2) In the meantime, Tim Vail (Hampshire lead coach) will be running 2 sessions on zoom to focus on movement and squash fitness - these will be on Thursday 1st April at 4.30 pm and Saturday 10th April at 10.30 am. Please watch out on Facebook to sign up. These will be FREE and on first come first served. If there is enough demand we could run more sessions as required.
3) County closed - Dates to be confirmed following release of the England Squash calendar but this will go ahead and we hope to run the usual format at Winchester Rackets and Fitness as planned prior to lockdown.
4) Regional closed - This will not run this year with the focus being on return to play and participation
5) Hampshire junior leagues - We will start a new junior league in Autumn 2021 and look forward to announcing more details with some improvements to the format.
6) Committee - the adult and junior committees are looking for additional volunteers - please let us know if you can help! In particular we need a treasurer.
We are also, for the first time, recruiting a Junior member to the junior committee. See social media and advert for more details.
7) Sponsors - Hampshire Junior squash are looking for more corporate/private sponsorship to help to fund growth and development of the program. The Junior program costs £3000-5000 to run per year. If you are interested in working with Hampshire squash please get in touch.
8) If you have a story about squash over the COVID period or how you have been able to continue training/staying court fit, please send it to us so we can share with the wider community/press
9) Hampshire squash stars - We will be relaunching this campaign over the summer. If you have purchased your pack already, do get in touch with the club when the restrictions allow to resume their sessions. If you were about to start and need any guidance do get in touch on the email below
10) If you are a junior player and have any worries about returning to squash, please let us know. Hampshire squash would like to support you in any way we can. Parents - please ask your children about this. Discuss it with your club and coach. If there is anything we can do to help - get in touch.